Thread: help please
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
whiskerkissed
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
It can take one single misuse of a drug to become addicted. Its not unique to do that. If your use of drugs is making your life miserable - you qualify. Yes - only you can make the final decision. Taking them ANY other way than intended is drug abuse sweetie.

There are a lot of things I never did either while using. I never lost my house, never arrested as an adult, never was a hooker on a street corner, etc. Some of these people have become my closest friends in the rooms of NA, however. I can't compare myself to how my drug use affected me to others bottoms. Mine was definitely bad enough. 35 yrs I used (AND DON'T COMPARE THAT! JUST AN EXAMPLE) ;-) If I look at the differences - I'm worse than some and never went as far as others.

Something I read on here when I first found SR - you've hit bottom when you quit digging.

I don't have to go as far as others to know I'm an addict or to know I need help. Look at the similarities instead. The same disease has made our lives miserable. The same disease will try to kill us. The same disease brings our differences together.

You only have to go through the withdrawals one last time. Never again do you need to use a drug. The cravings will go away with time and a support system will help you through.

Get back to meetings, get a sponsor, work some steps. It can and does get better!