View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 03:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bookwyrm
Curled up in a good book...

Stay strong. He is really trying to suck you back in. Once you respond, just once, he will have learned that his quacking is effective, that he can get a response from you if he is persistent enough. It doesn't matter if the repose is negative, it means that you are still listening to him. You will be 'rewarding' his behaviour by responding. It will encourage him to keep it up rather than back away. Nothing has changed. He sees your needs as 'senseless nonsense'. What do you hope to achieve by responding? Play the tape all the way through. What do you expect his reactions to be? What is likely to happen?

Going no contact stopped me from engaging with XAH. Stopped me repeating myself. Stopped me trying to justify myself. Stopped me engaging in the drama. It was hard at first but it does get easier, I promise. I used to visualise a rickety old roller coaster stopping with XAH inviting me to get on by responding to him. Do I want to get back on that roller coaster or do I want to keep my feet on the ground? Try not reading his texts or emails. It is sometimes easier to resist the temptation to engage when you don't see the quacking.

You can do this! Sending you strength!:ghug3