Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
chicory

[QUOTE=Jenny1232;2785335]I am totally blown away by these responses! You are helping IMMENSELY.

"perhaps you are judging yourself as weird, but you dont realize that most people feel so many of the same things. your family did not let you learn this, maybe?"

I really feel SO silly for having and saying these feelings outloud. People don't go around talking about their feelings all the time.. at least not around me.. so it's just so weird. It does make me feel nutty. I mean, it's what I've been told.
Jenny- people who never got a chance to learn how to accept the feeling part of themselves need to express it, to learn. and what better place than here, where we are all learning about something or another.

J
As for the new guy... it was FEAR that made me unable to talk to him. I woke up this morning and a text said, "Hey hun, feeling better?". I WAS SHOCKED. He said I could talk to him about ANYTHING and he wouldn't judge me.. and he hasn't. Fear keeps my stuck, going nowhere.
There have been times when i expressed myself about something, and felt so guilty after, and then later found out that it was perfectly fine for me to do so. i was the one who felt so "exposed" and uncomfortable and no one else thought any thing of it. we have these emotions for a purpose. and learning how to express them appropriately should be taught by parents, but sometimes, sadly, they arent able to do so. then, we gotta learn the hard way-

i hope that you might think about writing and sharing a journal as was suggested. if you dont feel that your therapist is helping, tell him. maybe therapy works in a way that we dont see right off? i dont know.
hugs
chicory