Old 12-02-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Jenny1232

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Jenny, girl you know I love ya' so you know you're not alone. You know what you need to do and when you're ready, you will. Your job is to just keep breathing. And find that ONE thing that keeps you looking forward, keeps you looking toward tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that.

What really helps me is to have a plan for my life. And to make plans. Just get a piece of paper and start writing down years and dates and things you'd like to do by those dates. Make short term plans and long term plans. Dream of places you've never been. Know what I like to do? Go to the library and get DK books. No, not Donkey Kong books, Dorling Kindersley place / travel books. They have loads of pictures that just make you want to visit those places.

(((hugs))) Jenny
My goodness L2L, I think we're twin flames, soul mates, something. You know what I have been spending a lot of my time doing? DAY DREAMING OF MY DREAM VACATIONS? I've been exploring islands in the carribean and various places throughout the U.S. that I can make happen! WOW, you just blow me away mostly every time!

I love you too, thank you for your advice. It all means the world to me. I am trying to incorporate some life plan. I will do what you have suggested... I have ideas about what I want to do.... but, I often doubt myself. I mean, I come from "white trash". I really hate to say that, but, I mean, it's kind of true. The thing is, no one in my family is educated. We don't communicate. They drink. They go to bars. Blue collar jobs.. Isn't that my fate, genetically? I feel like i do not have the brain capacity to do anything that requires intellect. My entire life I have been told how stupid I am... and I believe it... I try and convince myself otherwise, but on a constant basis people talk about things, and I'm absolutely CLUELESS.. and they're shocked I don't know the answer... I must be dumb, ignorant, uneducated, stupid, etc.

I read, read, read, read, read... and I DO NOT RETAIN. I have NO idea why either.

My dad is talking to me, I will resume this soon.