Old 12-02-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Living with an addict is extrememly difficult. Probably one of the most difficult things I have ever been through in my life. If they are using, they are still problematic. If they are in withdrawal it's even worse. Maybe you could talk to your addict about some form of a recovery program, and some professional help for himself. As for you if your looking for ways to cope, try Naranon/Alanon. It's an excellent meeting for loved ones of addicts. It's a program that will give you the tools your looking for. You obviously don't stop loving someone because they have an addiction. So there are ways to learn how to deal with it. An ultimatum might be a good start. Make him get help or get lost. Believe me it doesn't get better in time unless the addict stops using. Otherwise it will be using, and withdrawing over and over again. It takes it's toll on the addict and those who love him. My heart goes out to you. It's the toughest thing to live with. I prayed constantly for my addict. He is clean today. Just for today. I have learned to live in the day, and forget the past. I don't worry about the future, I take it one day at a time. I hope things get better for you.