Old 12-02-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
steve1840

how to deal with the fact that I don't get to decide whether my home
is happy every night of the week.

i am not sure if you guys are married or what the dynamic is between you and your addict. i can say that when my gf was living with me, i never knew what to expect. a perfect day could turn sour latter at night. a miserable day could end with smiles. who knew? the couple of times she attempoted to wd at home i expected the worst and just blamed everythng on the wd. she would make it a day, two tops then haveto feed the calling. i just let her remain comfortable though and wouldn't expect or ask for any help around the house.

back to the quote- while living with an addict either active or in withdraw you don;t getto decide whether your home is happy or not because everything depends upon THEIR mood. the only way to decide if your home is free of that is to remove the addict. even after withdraw there is going to be a roller coaster of emotions to deal with. this is still fairly new to me and i am stil llearning, but i can say i have learned that there is no guarantee of peace living with an addict.