Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Thumper

I am sorry to hear about your mom and now your dad is ill too. That is a lot and then to deal with an A treating you so poorly to boot.

Originally Posted by Redheadsusie View Post
I need to get well and get past this and find the light again. I wish he would just go away and never come back- I feel bad for saying that but it is true. He has sucked the life out of me and I have let him - I need to make the changes for myself and I am taking steps to get there. He told me he was gonna leave me on the streets - which is funny as he is unemployed and I pay the freaking bills. Life is to short - I live that everyday with my Mom passing too young and my Dad heading that way. Thanks again - I am blessed to have this site and you.
I used to wish that all the time. I'm glad to see you are taking steps to make changes because when I accepted that *I* could walk away and never go back....well that was a heck of a moment. It was very difficult and even though I felt very small and confused much of the time, it was empowering too. You've been through a lot this year. One day at a time, being gentle with yourself. If you aren't ready to actually have separate places to live, could you come up with a list of things you can go and do when he starts in. It is so hard to listen to that kind of stuff and you shouldn't have to.