View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
julez
Grateful Member

A warning to everyone

I just got some awful news. The father of a very close friend of my daughters died the day before Thanksgiving. The girl, who is a wonderful, funny, girl is only 14. She had a close relationship with him, even though he and her mother were divorced.
We are waiting on the autopsy results. Best case scenario is a heart attack due to some new medications he was on. Unfortunately, he also liked to drink, was addicted to prescription pain meds, and his wife said he was back to coke and heroin, so it could've been an overdose.
You never know when your last day on this earth is. And as far as I know, most people who overdose, do so accidentally. So please, for yourself, and for those who love you so fiercely, do whatever it takes to get clean.
Through the posts I've read and responded to, and for all the help and advice I've gotten, I truly do think of you all as family. We are all here with the same goal in mind, and I want you to know how precious each and every one of you are to me. So please.. get the help you need to make your future as bright as it can be.