View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 01:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
viavai

Pigeon:

I am sorry to hear about your losses--all of them. I just wanted to ask you to consider seeing a doctor or going to the E.R. and being totally honest about your drinking and drug use, because detoxing can be extremely dangerous--and also tricky (just when you start to feel a little better, you might suddenly find yourself drinking and drugging again, or you may "need" the substances to ease the withdrawal pangs). Do consider calling the Salvation Army, because I think you need to be open-minded and willing to go to any lengths at this point. You are running out of options.

We are all here to support you, and I hope you want this desperately--consider desperation a "gift," because it might just be the very thing that saves your life. Addiction IS a matter of life or death.

Pick up the phone right now. At the very least you can call the AA hotline (24 hour service) and talk to a real live person on the phone who might be able to give you some further direction with regard to services in your area, including shelter.

You deserve a better life. It's up to you to take steps to begin that process; and then let medical staff, a support program, and SR help you as you do the work of recovery--one day at a time. Keep it in the day: You can only do what's right in front of you. Don't jump ahead of yourself into tomorrow, next week, next month.

At ALL costs, be good to yourself.

Best,
Viavai