Thread: My Sons
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
johndelko408
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

I agree with Dollydo. Let him go out on his own and taste the real world for once. He'll learn rather quickly that he just can't treat people like door mats. I know it must be a difficult thing to do, much easier said than done. But honestly its for the best for both of you. You brought him into this world and you don't deserve to be treated the way he treats you. Don't get me wrong I was always very disrespectful to my mother. Like myself she is an alcoholic but she progressed much farther down the scale than I did. I harbored a deep resentment towards her for many years because I didn't understand the workings of the disease. I used to tell her when I was younger that if she loved me she would stop and she didn't. So I thought she didn't love me or care about me so why should I respect her. I had to get the disease myself and get into the program to understand it for myself. My mom still drinks but not as much or as often as she use to, but I can neither work her program for her or take her inventory. I just have to accept her for who she is, my mother and an alcoholic, and show her the respect she deserves from me. If not for her I would not be in this world and I would not have the 2 beautiful bundles of joy that are I'm my life today. I do hope that she can take example from me and start working her program cause I honestly won't have her in my children's lives if she is drunk. I will not allow her to inflict that pain on them and be in and out of their lives as she was with mine. I love my mom and I make it a point to call her every night to let her know I love her, to see how she's doing and to have a small conversation with her. I've heard somewhere, can't remember where, that naturally sons usually have a stronger bond with their mothers. This is true for me anyways. I've always been closer to my mom than I am with my dad, as I mentioned to you in one of my earlier posts. I sincerely hope that your son wisps up and comes around so that he can realise just exactly how much pain he is putting you through. Warm gentle hugs for you Rose.