Thread: so tired
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GreenAces
One moment at a time.

Originally Posted by RGB View Post
I'm about to close out day 5 in a few minutes here. I'm trying to really do it this time. I've been to a lot of meetings since Monday, and have painfully learned that my journey isn't going to be simply about "not having a drink". There's a lot of stuff I need to confront on this journey, and some of it is going to be hard. But I'm starting to feel like it's the only way that I can stay clean.

I did some of that confronting today with my wife, and it sucked. I'm glad I did it, but it was an awful day. We're heading to bed in a minute (the same bed, thank goodness), but we have a lot of healing to do together.

I'm nervous and excited about what the future has in store.
Welcome!

When I first came to AA I was terrified and excited at the same time.. I knew deep down that I had finally found something that can help me through my problems but I was terrified to look at myself and become honest with myself.. For me that was the hardest part.. I am not perfect and I still have the occasional problem with being honest with myself but through the grace of God and this program I have learned how to deal with practically anything and I can now face myself and the rest of the world with a smiling face.