View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Contemplative

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Both the transferring AND your getting to talk to him. He has a long road ahead of him, of course, but at this point ANY news is good news!!! Have you decided yet if you will go to see him?

I owe you a thank you, actually, sofacat. I joined this forum a couple of days ago because I wanted to post about being involved with an alcoholic. For the past 2 weeks I have been talking to an old friend of mine on the phone, and we realized that we were interested in each other and wanted to meet. We met up Wednesday, and Wednesday night he left me a message in Facebook, telling me that he was a drunk (his words), and asking if I could live with that. I logged in here, came upon your thread, and read it. It made me realize that no, I could NOT live with that. I don't want to be in the ER with him after he's wrapped his truck around a tree, or in the ICU with him after his liver's bailed on him. Last night I messaged him and TOLD him all of that. It was very hard to do, as I am very fond of him. I have you (and your telling of this story) to thank for giving me the perspective to be able to put my foot down and say NO, I like you but I don't like your drinking.

So,..........thanks a lot.