View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 10:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

Unfortunately the peace and serene I felt for a short time has ended. My DDH came back home from the ER shortly after I posted. He has suffered a factured vertebrate in his neck. He is now able to walk around the house with his neck brace on. I feel like he has managed to become the focus point of the family again. Alcohol had been the focus point of my family for so long, then I suffered my stroke, and the focus of the family sifted to me. I believe that my DDH just couldn't cope without doing something to sift it back to him, again. The sad part of this is I don't feel any sympathy for him. No one is jumping in hoops to help him out.

He went to his primary care physician this afternoon. The doctor took x-rays of my DDH's head and neck and now has to undergo a MRI. At least this is one way to get my DDH to get his physical done.

He still isn't admitting the truth as to what actually happened at the motel to cause him from being locked out of his room. The only logical thing, and knowing him, I believe he verbally abused the motel manager, and he had battery charges placed against him. This may not be such a bad thing, either. His verbal abuse has moved outside the family circle and has moved into the public realm.

Our Thanksgiving meal was delicious! My son is one heck of a good cook! Know of any single female ACOAs that might want to meet a very nice eligible male ACOA?! (LOL)

The higher the expectations, the lower the serenity. I try to keep my boundaries high, my expectations low, and my heart open.