View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Boscoboy2002

I am in the camp of "once a cheater, always a cheater" and I think alcohol just fuels the fire for cheaters.

When I first met my XAGF, I had no idea she was a drunk. I thought she was just really fun and wild. At the time I knew that she was dating other guys at the time (I was one) and that none of them were serious or exclusive. We'll long story short, she told me this 2 years into our relationship that at the time she was dating someone seriously for about a year and that I was "the other guy". I was so shocked. Looking back, I feel terrible for how I felt about the other guy and how I must have looked in his eyes. I had no idea.

Now, for the irony. Our relationship ended (after 6 years) because she had been texting and flirting with some other guy for months and I found out (found out too that she had been drinking behind my back) and we got into a fight (verbal only) and everything exploded and it was over ugly & fast. Now she is probably dating that new guy and everything has come full circle. It makes me wonder how many times she has done this sort of thing before (this cycle of infidelity). But, o well. He can have her and have her problems. I just remind myself that I deserve and can do much better than her.

I think, in her mind she wanted to and was ready to cheat, but I think the alcohol gave her the courage to do it.

Last edited by Boscoboy2002; 11-26-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling