Thread: My Sons
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Rose
I'm so sorry that you are hurting. Our children can cut us deeper than anyone else can it seems.

But you don't deserve to be treated like that. Perhaps he knows that he has treated you poorly and for whatever reason, he can control the feelings that you trigger so he feels it's best to have distance for a while.

While my son was living on the streets and for the weeks at a time that I didn't know where he was or if he was okay, someone suggested to me that every time I felt that overwhelming painful feeling in my chest that I imagine that it is a hug from my son. And that every time I start to worry, that I turn that worry over to my HP in the form of love and a hug and ask my HP to deliver it to my dear son. It helped me.

A Mom's heart is so open and can feel such deep pain when their children aren't "ok". Take care of yourself Rose. You can't control him.....so let him be for a while. Your son is at that age where he is trying to become a man....and sometimes Mom's can confuse them in that transition even when we don't mean to.

gentle hugs