View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
nicam

Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
No it isn't a normal world. And I have pulled back several times over the course of this relationship. He gave me a big talk months ago about not being able to be in a relationship. Ok, so I wished him well and said if he wants to talk to me, he knows where to find me. I meant it. He realized I meant it and did the love-puppy routine. So I hung in there. Practically begging me to stay in his life but it confused me. Ok I am in your life but you clearly don't know what to do with me. Things were getting slowly back on track, even through his relapse he did his best to stay responsive. When he got sober, he was wonderful again. Then he checked into the place he is in now.

I know he is confused and wants so much to have me in his life but still probably doesn't know what to do with me. If you've ever seen that movie 'the Gods Must Be Crazy' where that African bushman finds this empty cola bottle and has never seen it before and so he thinks it is a gift from the heavens and treats it like a sacred object but has no idea what it is or what to do with it... It is just a simple bottle. Our relationship is sort of like that at times.

But I know his brain is a mess. He has to clear it, fix it and only then can he figure out what to do with the bottle. I want him to figure it out and come to me also from a healthy and clear perspective. Cept the waiting is so hard.
The similarities really are spot on, give or take a little, LO.L