Thread: Divorced
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lulu1974

Divorced

Hello SR...

So its been a very busy few weeks. I was divorced last Thursday, which would have been our 4 year wedding anniversary ironically. His lawyer was a jerk and so I got stuck waiting with my exah waiting for the judge to straighten everything out. We made small chit chat. He agreed to all my terms. He cried. And I still divorced him. I am free. It was hard. I think partly because now this is another change in my life but I am faking it till I make it.

The next day the person that I had been seeing which I thought was so wonderful got his walking papers. He saw me talking to a few guys while I was celebrating my divorce and so he decided to throw a few zingers at me the next day. Like asking me if I was a cougar? I am 35 and the guys I was talking to were a couple years younger than me. I was so caught off guard I didnt know what to say. Furthermore we happened to run into each other at the bar and I had a hard day (I did just get divorced) and just wanted to do my own thing. He had been distant all week so apologies that I wasnt falling all over him but talking to three very hot fireman. And that is all it was -talk. When he texted me Saturday I never replied. Mind you that wasnt the only zinger and he was just being plain out jerky. But man is it hard to detach and do what is best for yourself. Its like getting a root canal. I so want to sweep it all under the carpet and pretend he didnt say all the things he said. Oh and when I commented our schedules really conflict and asked him when we would see each other he said he really wasnt a "plan" kind of guy but more last minute. Yes I guess he expected me to be ok with this and wait for his next text with his last minute availability. No thank you.

And..................I GOT THE JOB OF MY DREAMS! I have been looking for this for so long. So much less stress. Very flexible position. Way more money and they even threw in a sign on bonus which I have never had ever been given before in my life. And after paying for the divorce I really needed it. So now I can start taking classes at school again and do what I want.

I am numb these days but am journaling. Going to my Alanon group on Saturday. Happiness is just around the corner if I keep working on me.

Any esh about the jerky guy would be welcomed. I am still peeved.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Hugs,

Lulu