View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 05:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

My AS has been diagnosed with chronic depression, and mum has said that she is determined not to suffer alone, so makes sure all of us around her get to suffer too.

Til 1991, when I left my late AH, I had never felt depressed to the extent I got to for the next 6 months, when all I had been and believed in for 25 plus years, seemed to shatter in front of me. I managed my way thru it and out the other side at last.

In 2004, which began badly and got dramatically worse, I hit the bottom of the black pit of despair, considered suicide a few times and almost lost my faith totally.
My Doctor took steps to have me committed into care for 5 weeks and followed up for the next year.

I have changed medications as I improved and now take a AD that is quite mild, with the idea of quitting altogether in a couple of months time.

If someone had ever told me, that I would be that low down, and be under treatment for so long, I would have laughed.....ME? Trained Nurse and with a Psychology Degree, Counselling experience.......yes ME.

Depression knows no boundaries, and has a wonderful time among those people who are living with alcoholism and addiction of all sorts. Curse them, all those substances and actions from hell.