View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

YES. Go to Al-Anon...

Al-Anon is for you, not your mother. This board is for you, not your mother. If you want to be happy you will go to Al-Anon.

This is my trying to hammer into your head that you need to go to Al-Anon, at least six different meetings before you decide if you'll continue

If you do not want to be happy and you want nothing to change you will make up reasons or excuses not to go to Al-Anon. It will be easy. One of those reasons might be, why should you go when she is the one with the problem?

Go anyway. Here, I'll help:

How to find a meeting in the US/Canada/Puerto Rico

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by idreamblue View Post
Wow I just stumbbled upon this message board by google of codependence. I feel such relief that there are people out there that have similar circumstances and understand me. My fiancee says just don't talk to her, but he doesen't understand that it's not that easy, and the end all soloution. I was at my whit's end last night. Today is pretty rough, my mom already called me four times with anger, anger, extreme happiness, and last call anger and hung up the phone on me because I couldn't meet her until tommorow instead of today. Thank you for suggesting that book, I am going to start there. Can anyone lead me to a direction that gives me information on boundries, and setting them? Or is that in the book suggested? No I do not go to Alanon. Is that something that I should go to even though my mom is not an alcoholic?