View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

yorkiegirl,
I had pondered about starting a similar thread, but mine would have been about how my AH doesn't like the tables turned on him. For the longest time my AH has been addicted to the internet, one site or another. He is currently obsessed with writing paradies and posting them on a website. This occupied his thoughts and no one in the family could even hold an intelligent conversation with him. If someone tried to talk to him while he was reading and posting on this website, we would have to constantly repeat ourselves, and then he would only grasp half of the conversation. I used to confront him about this, and he would respond that he was "multi-tasking".

And now it's like I have turned the tables on him once I found SR. I feel like I have gotten "hooked" on SR. However, I believe my being "hooked" on SR is for my
mental health, but it's driving my AH batty! He keeps talking to me as I'm reading and posting here. He even finds things for me to do internet surfing on. I don't believe he knows what I'm doing, he just sees me concentrating on a website. Something I haven't done before. I know that I can't do "multi-tasking" between being on SR and being an active listener.

Willingness comes from the pain, the healing comes from the steps.

Step 1. Surrender
Step 2. Sanity
Step 3. Serenity

There is a difference between “relief” and “recovery”.

Steps 1-3 bring relief
Steps 4-9 bring recovery......
Steps 10-12 maintain it......

Steps 6 & 7:

Step 6 Be willing, Be ready and let God do the work

Step 7 Humbly ask (acknowledge who I am in relation to God)

I become more aware of of my inner self with each step I take.

The steps are meant to be worked with another and with God.