View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
stella27

That's so funny, transform. I have 4 or 5 close couple friends who always include me and I love being with them. And sometimes I do cry all the way home over how much they love each other and how the husbands remember everything about their wives when they met and what made them extraordinary.

The love that is around me is from my parents who live 750 miles away and refuse to let me spend a holiday alone. My 3 children (9, 8 and 3), my girlfriends, their husbands, the teachers at my children's school who always tell me how much they love my kids and me. My kids' friends parents who invite my whole family away for a few days to their mountain house (leaving tomorrow), my bosses and my friends at work who have really taken good care of me since my separation (15 months ago). My 6 dogs and 2 cats.

My 8 year old daughter left me this note on my pillow before going with her dad this weekend:

Dear Mom, you are the best. I (heart) you. Thank you for the dogs and the cats and this home. You are the best mom in the world.

As to a coffee-date update, I ignored the therapist's advice and I did ask him for coffee - at the only time I have free tomorrow before I leave town. he said he can't go as they will still be out hunting, but he responded that "that would be nice". He also responded immediately. His friends consider him somewhat absentiminded and oblivious, and the prompt response and his initiation (earlier in the week) are fairly new developments.

Yes, I feel somewhat rejected, but the ball is definitely in his court now and I will make no further overtures. And I am leaving town to be with friends and children in the mountains for a few days with no cell service and no internet. It is going to be fabulous.

Thank you all.