View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

John, it is completely out of line...

...for your sponsor to be taking a position of any kind on your wife, much less question your motives regarding doing, or not doing, anything for her. This flies in the face of sponsorship within a 12-Step Program. This is just plain wrong.

Please consider confronting him about this, and asking him what his agenda is.

Do what you want to do unless you believe it is against your own best interest. Don't do what you don't want to do unless you believe it is in your own best interest.

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by johndelko408 View Post
My sponsor really wants me to get back with my wife, he knows I still love her. The other day my partner (coworker) bought roses for his girlfriend, my sponsor asked me why I didn't get any for my wife (we're separated) and i told him "for what, it won't make any difference to her". As much as I still love her, as much as I still want to be with her, I sort of feel like giving up on ever rekindling our romance. I feel that when the pain of holding on to something supersedes the fear of letting go, you should probably let go. We have 2 adorable children together and other than my sobriety, there is nothing more that I want than to be a family again. I caused her immense pain during my drinking, and sometimes feel that she will never want to be with me. What do you ladies out there think? Did I do the right thing in not buying her flowers, or should have I gotten them to show her I still care? Don't be affraid to hit me hard with your thoughts and opinions.