View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NoAlcoholToday

It is important that you do not enable his drinking (for example dont buy his drink for him on your way home). Maybe some of the team here in F&F can give you other examples of enabling that you must avoid?

Quitting drinking is mindblowingly difficult, especially in the very early stages. You should see some of the whooping that goes on when someone has completed their day 1 on our forums!! So, when he wants to try and quit, then I highly recommend you do not have ANY alcohol in the house for at least the first month (to take temptation completely out of his immediate vicinity). After that he will need to come to terms with other people drinking around him. Otherwise I would say your drinking will have little or even no effect on him so go right ahead and do what pleases you.

BTW, I am almost certain he really cares about you deep down. Most likely it is himself that he is hiding away from. Try to think about it like he is wearing an invisible cap that is scrambling his brain and it is just too tight for him to take it off right now. Believe me, he is going to desperately want to take that cap off sooner or later!