Thread: Hell to the NO!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stellaloella

Hell to the NO!

So I did in fact secure housing, validated today, with my preferred roommate(s). Actually she, the initiator, will just be "around" since she will be subletting her own upstairs studio to me, but has a heavy involvement there since her cousin lives there still, and also we're going to do some business collaboration. What a gift this woman is. We've worked out a trade to make my rent more affordable in exchange for work. There is also a big art studio which is just PERFECT for me since I paint a lot.

What really got me, though, was that today I got home to a moving truck and my husband and a hired laborer and a friend. Not that that's anything in itself. he said "I left weed for you in the basement in XXX location." Well guess what, I don't even smoke pot more than once a month. Usually at an event. I couldn't believe this. After all his ultimatums about drinking and the drastic events surrounding this, he would even consider giving me drugs? Well that's just completely messed up, I think. I told him to take it away as I wouldn't be wanting it, and he seemed like it was such a disappointment. I wonder if he was trying to challenge me, or is this really the kind of codependent he wants to be? As he drove off in his giant diesel rental truck, he blew two LOUD horn honks -- at a time that was not even appropriate. It was dark out in my quiet neighborhood. Yuck. That's all I can say.

I'm trying to focus on myself and my needs but I am starting to realize that this whole dynamic was probably not healthy to begin with.

Does anyone have a story or relationship redemption to help me feel encouraged? Right now it's hard to.

Thanks.