View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

What others do or don't do is really none of my business. I learned early on in recovery to 'stick with the winners.' Well ................ what in the he!! were 'the winners?'

I learned to watch and listen not only in the meetings but at breaks and before and after and at the coffee shops we would go to. Were the ones that I thought might be winners 'walking the way they were talking?' Or were they gossiping? Were they going to church on Sunday to pray and then spending the other 6 days preying on their fellow man? Things like that.

I found the winners. I found the people that LIVED the 12 steps after WORKING the 12 steps. They become my examples to model my own sobriety on.

To this day, I don't worry about others sobriety dates. I take care of my own. I work with others in the way I was worked with. I LIVE the principles of the 12 steps to the best of my ability, in ALL my affairs, One Day At A Time.

I am comfortable in my belief that my HP knows my DOS is as true and accurate as I have been able to make it.

I believe you already know the answer to your question. You drank almost a whole can of beer. It wasn't a slip, it wasn't an 'oops I picked up someone else's drink' you drank it. Maybe now is the time to do some reflection, to see what you WERE NOT doing so that the 'sneaky thoughts' or 'stinking thinking' returned. Only you know what caused this lapse.

Now I have a question for you. What are you going to do now so that you again don't have to change your sobriety date?

Love and hugs,