Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nena

Hey. .I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. Let me just say been there, done that. I have to say that I agree with Kindeyes here. .the best thing for you to do is to let go and begin to heal yourself. I know it hurts to think of your ex with someone else but it's how it is and as far as "warning" her about his addiction, for all you know she probably uses too. This hope you have for him to come back is only keeping you in this same situation, hurt and hoping for something that will more than likely be the exact same if you were to reconcile, even after rehab. My exspouse the addict went to rehab twice and is out there right now probably using Meth. .the important thing is that I'm not obsessing about it anymore, I had to learn to let the addict deal with their own addiction or not. It really has nothing at all to do with us. .it's time to heal yourself and move on. All that wandering how he is and guilt you feel is codependency and the book codependency no more is what you need. It has done wanders!! Best of luck to you and again I'm sorry. .loving an addict is hard, to stop loving one is even harder.

Nena