View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lotus2009

It really wasn't about the money at all (and like I said I don't mind paying for myself in the future)... it was more that in that moment I realized that he might be sober, but that we're still not on the same page when it comes to the whole "give and take" aspect that is crucial in relationships or friendships. That and the fact that he didn't ask for my input first, but expected me to do as I was told (i.e. he didn't say "how do you wanna do this", but instead said "here is what you do"). So the money thing was just an example, but it could have been about anything else.

Transform - no worries, I do focus quite a bit on myself these days (that is when I'm not stressed out with school work or I'm having one of my anxiety attacks - which I've been having quite a lot of lately ) and I do try to break my own unhealthy habits - in fact just earlier that day when I was on the phone with him, I caught myself in the middle of a "having to control his life to make sure things go as planned" mode, recognized it, said "oops..." and let it go. But thanks for keeping the focus on me, not him. AND it's good to be here... I do love this forum, even though I haven't been posting all that much here lately.

I guess I'm just wondering how much change can I realistically expect from someone else after 3 months of treatment? I guess I feel like he thinks that treatment and AA is "only" there to keep him from drinking (which, don't get me wrong, I know that is a priority) and not to help him turn his life around and grow as a person.