Old 11-12-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Wink You made the right decision for yourself, no doubt

Hi! I went out with someone similar.

This guy saying "what else?" ... is VERY HOSTILE to me. I would NEVER talk to someone like that. That is RUDE!! I wouldn't even talk like that to a stranger. That's NOT normal.

I was in A LOT of pain when this happened to me but I have a feeling you will mourn and heal very soon.

Therapy has been great help to me. I have a history of abandonment and in the end it was not about the addict but about WHY ON EARTH I believed he was attractive in the first place.

If its of any help, it has been 2 years since I went No Contact and broke up. Recently I was shown a picture where my EX appeared with someone else. Everyone was drinking and it was the same bar we went to, before I realized I was NOT with some social drinker but with an ADDICT that would hurt WHOEVER and do WHATEVER for his alcohol.

This ex is still drinking and its not a surprise because he is an alcoholic. That is what he does. Drink and not give a damn.

The only thing that changed is that I am no longer crying at night listening to his rants, his false accusations, his distorsions of reality, convincing him not to drive at 3 AM when its freezing outside,well, putting up with his EMOTIONAL ABUSE as if I had no value.

I am no longer being used as a doll without feelings only useful for sex. Sorry to be so blunt but after a while here we learn addicts do not have relationships, they take hostages.

My life is not perfect now but please stay away! staying in contact only prolongs the suffering.

All the best
PS check out this link
Addiction, Lies and Relationships