Thread: just a blah day
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
maimai

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement..

They mean so much...

clift note version of my mom and me... She was neglectful, negative, blah blah. My dad was an alcoholic, but she has never admitted it. Since he drank away from home, he didn't have a problem.. huh?? so... we were estranged for a bit. So in my 30's She had a heart attack while on a visit, lived with me for 4 years starting when my daughter was 8 months old. She moved out right after my ex hubby came out of the closet..(sidebar: my wine consumption went up at bit at this point) *weak smile*

After that she lived on her own for 6 yrs, but was placed in a nursing home due to health issues this past Feb. I wanted her to be closer here, so I could visit more and ensure she is cared for. She gave my 2 brothers her POA, so they placed her near them (which I understand), but it makes it hard to just "pop over."

It has been a bit since I have been and my daughter really wants to go, so I have put off the visit for quite a while...

I feel better already... just knowing I gave caring people here that will listen, support and relate... really helps...

I'll let you know how it goes...

Lori