View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 06:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bliss

I am so glad I posted here. I already feel better today just reading all your inspiring messages. This is such a battle for me. Over the weekend I went camping with my H and son and had bought a bottle of vodka, poured it into a platic water bottle and proceeded to drink it before bed on friday. I woke up in a horrible state Saturday. Mood swings and horrible hangover. I didn't have anymore on Saturday so I was SOL. So I dealt with it. Sunday I didn't get the opportunity to buy more since we were away all day and came home only after all the stores were closed. Thank Goodness! So that brings me to today...I woke up this morning feeling very inspired. I went to a playgroup with my son and we had a great time. I went grocery shopping and to run some errands. I had the thought in my head to stop at the liquor store but I didn't. I finally made it home we had dinner. It was around 6:45 pm and I knew the store was closing possibly at 7? My h went to play baseball and I got in the car and drove around for about 30 min trying to find a store that was open. They were all closed. Thank Goodness! I started to laugh and thanked God for them being closed. I needed another night of sobriety and I got it! I am glad I am on this and sober instead. I always feel better after I realise I didn't go through with it. I am going to a meeting tomorrow. I am so thankful for all your responses. They have really helped me a lot. Looking forward to speaking to you all soon.

Here's to another 24 hours!

Regards
Bliss