View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 01:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Welcome Way! Glad you are here and got your day one down. Everyone has a different experience so if things worry you then please do visit the ER or look up a free clinic.

For me....the first day was the worst but each day a bit better. Keep in mind bit. Detoxing at home....well it isn't pretty. I did it but I also knew that I had no other choice and I couldn't live the self destruction of alcoholic anymore. I also wasn't afraid to go to the ER if need be. I had done that plenty of times during benders when the panic attacks and associated chest pains kicked in.

What I do assure you of is that with a good program of recovery that you can learn to live a positive better life without alcohol. Hard to see when we are drinking or detoxing but yes you can. You never have to go through this again.

Way I saw it was that the horrible withdrawals I had was just one more huge red flag of the damaging effects that my chronic alcohol use had on me.

Focus on today my friend and please keep up with the support. I am blessed everyday in my sobriety and I am finally the better person I believed myself to be.

Keep it going.