Old 11-09-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

This morning I sit here with tears rolling down my face as I cry over my sisters death. I found her one year ago today and the sadness I feel is not nice. I'll try not to turn this wonderful thread into sadness but here I feel ok to share with all you wonderful people.

My nephew (only 19) has never been to her grave site but last night rang me and asked if I would take him there today. I hope I am strong enough.

I will remember this thread today while I am there and will talk to my nephew about the wonderful person his mum was.

Do you remember mum singing all the time to Abba songs, trying to beat you on the Nintendo, Telling you never to go out with girls, because there was no one like her. Remember, how you use to call her Fifi (her nickname) and tell her how beautiful she was? Mum loved how that made her feel. Did you really like mum taking you shopping all the time, remember how she loved shopping? A fashion guru.

One funny thing I remember is when you asked Nanny what (Julie's) name meant and why did she call her that. Nanny said, Julie meant - "Afraid of Housework." and we all laughed.

Mum will be around all the time you know, shes watching us and I reckon she is so proud of you and your sister. You know, sometimes I think she is there, telling me off and sometimes I think she is still laughing with me.
Mum had such a great sense of humor, I can still see her chuckling away at our place.
I miss mum, dont you?