Thread: Am I?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Spirit08
AAudrey

Originally Posted by Greenfingers View Post
I cannot do just one or two drinks.

the term high functioning alcoholic before I spoke to him about it yesterday. This seems to fit me and my patterns, except I have more of a binge compulsion...He seems to be of the opinion I can drink but I just need to drink less. Why can't he understand I find it hard to limit my drinks and stop myself once I have started?

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today....
If you find that when you start drinking; you cannot stop, you are probably an alcoholic. Big Book Quote

High "bottom" Low "bottom" doesn't matter. Here's what does, as we look back on our drinking history, we can see it was the beginning of a mere fatal progression. In any event, AA tells us that if we're not convinced we are alcoholics and that it has us down for keeps, then to go out and do some controlled drinking. It might serve you well to get a good case of the jitters to become convinced and willing to listen as the dying can be. Step 1, 12 and 12.

Yeps, self pity can be a b**ch haha the good news is that we have a solution for that I suffer from it too.

Alcohol is a depressent and normal people don't try to kill themselves with alcohol. Me!

Blessings to you and email me anytime!