Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
craven

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
CRAVEN!
I just wanted to speak to the part of your post that discussed how difficult it is to let go. A) It's ok not to be ready right away. When you're totally, 100% ready to walk away, you'll do it. B) If you were to break up, it would not negate all the wonderful things this person has brought to your life in the past. Yes, you would have to sever ties and lose the support you have from him, but you can always cherish the journey you had together. And finally C) perhaps the breakup will finally bring your ABF to find recovery for himself...
Noday, thank you for this. I'm sure that y'all read stories just like mine all the time. The fact that you can keep your responses fresh and effective is amazing. I hope you know how helpful you, and everyone else, have been!
Back to your post: Intellectually, I am totally on board with A, B, and C. Emotionally, I am getting there!! I stepped, no jumped, out of my comfort zone by telling BF that I wanted to break up. That was huge, for me. So, I think I am definitely getting closer to stopping the madness.

Again, thank you.

PS- I don't have a computer at home, which is why I didn't post over the weekend.