View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
AmericanGirl
April 18, 2010

Hi LiveLikeGold,

I don't know what your situation is exactly, and I'm not in AA.

However, for me, one reason it is important for me to be fair and honest is to feel respect for human dignity. If I were to participate in dishonesty or something that took advantage of people, I would feel very cynical about human kind -- after all, how do you know anything about anyone's character except for your own? Such negativity would lead me back to booze and drugs in no time, I'm sure, because I don't think I would be valuing myself very much if I didn't live up to my personal ethics -- and without valuing myself, I'd sink into a hedonistic hell hole (and have).

On the other hand, I agree with what LaFemme says so I wonder about your examples . . . I don't have anything against defense attorneys or those forced into prostitution . . . so, I'm not sure if this is a disagreement with a sponsor on a personal values level or if you feel that what you are doing is wrong. If what you are doing is causing you to feel shame, then I would imagine that it could only make sobriety more challenging. I hope you find peace with this question . . .