Old 11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Alldoneagain

Hi All, have had a VERY difficult week this week, just when i think I’m making progress with my new mindset towards sobriety I find myself constantly being tested this week. I really felt that I had made enough progress that I could expose myself to certain circumstances and be ok. Boy, was I wrong, luckily I managed to get out of this situation without loosing the good fight. I’ve logged on a couple of times been unable to post, but have simply read and re-read all of your posts which have kept me going over the last couple of days, so thanks to all of you for that. I really do believe that alcohol is as Really4Real put it “not my friend, period”. Its kinda become my own personal mantra, I say it often to myself. I’m still really trying to explore the reasons why I abuse alcohol so badly as I feel understanding this bad behaviour is the key to not repeating it, some of the answers I’ve come up so far are not so pretty, but honest .

Well done to all of you who have reached your own personal milestones this week and keep up the good work, lets all hang on in there together.