Thread: 2nd Step
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GreenAces
One moment at a time.

For me it wasn't too hard (atleast at first) because I believe that I had an overwhelming spiritual experience. For me the tough part was the fact that I thought I had to be perfectly sound in my spirituality and that I had to start going to church again. And I do not believe in my own religion hardly at all. (I grew up a roman catholic) Although I do believe that a lot of what is taught in the bible have some pretty good moral ideations.. It's just not for me. For me it was just accepting and knowing that I have to believe in something greater than myself of my understanding.. or my misunderstanding as I like to say. And even if you don't believe in a God of your understanding the real point is to just live how a loving God would want you to live.. The moral judgement is how I like to see it, because even though some days I question whether there really is a God, I still live life as if there is and how He would want me to live and that makes me such a better person and makes me more pleasant to be around. I'm kind of rambling today though so I don't know if it makes any sense to you, my awesome alcoholic mind is all over today lol.. But I hope this helps atleast a little.