View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
..... we may face indecision. We may not be able to determine which course to take. Here we ask God for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision. We relax and take it easy. We don't struggle. We are often surprised how the right answers come after we have tried this for a while."
(Page 86)
Man..... that's so true but it was and sometimes is soooooo hard to implement.... I feel like my job requires me to have all the answers and to know it all. It's really hard to look a client in the eye and say "I don't know, lemme think for a minute," when EVERY old instinct is still back there chirpin' away at me to make something up that sounds smart and make a quick remark. (LOL....if they knew I was saying a prayer I hardly believe they'd stay with me for long.) This is another one of those things that takes practice.....at least it does for me. It's like that "pause" we're supposed to do when agitated.... (p.87)

Pausing, relaxing, taking it easy.......not easy concepts to implement for this alcoholic. With practice they're finally starting to come a little more naturally though.