Old 11-04-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
cinnamngirl

craven you will say the right things when the time is right. i was in the same position about a month ago. i had already asked my ABH to leave 3 or 4 times during the past 2 years but he always started to get very emotional (cry etc.) and saying things that made me unable to keep insisting that he should leave, how much he loves me, that he will stop drinking from now on etc.
i always knew it was wrong of me to give in, as i knew i was just too weak to handle the time frame between splitting up and him moving out. i could hardly handle any stress any more due to the effect his drinking had on me so any more stress (even if it lead to freedom) was out of question.

anyway i finally found the courage to finish it once and for all and to hell with the consequences. it was sooo hard to handle the first few days as he still refused to believe i really meant it this time. more tears, some anger.

now he has sort of accepted it though he still maintains he loves me and will marry me one day. he will move out in 6 weeks however, and i am so glad my internal struggle is finally over. already planning my own removal and choosing colours to paint the walls with and new carpets :-)

all the best for you.