View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

but I felt like they didn't take me seriously because I was intoxicated. I was thinking about going back there next week & letting them have it.

Letting them have what? I've seen intoxicated people at meetings and they were welcomed as long as they weren't loud/aggressive or otherwise disrupting the meeting.

I used to drink in the morning too - ugh. I knew I was in deep sh!t when I had to substitute wine for my coffee cause the coffee made the shakes so much worse. It was no way to live, actually I wasn't living at all, just existing between bottles of wine.

As far as not being able to get valium to help you detox... my doc wouldn't give me benzos either, but the emergency room gave me just enough for two days, just to get thru the initial withdrawal. I was glad not to have any more cause they're so addicting and just as hard to get off of as alcohol. There are other meds that can be given to help with w/d that are not addicting.

I hope you can get help to stop drinking. If you don't it will just get worse, much worse. Please get help to stop.