View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Progress not perfection...

This post is reminder to myself that I mustn't forget that I'm making progress and moving forwards positively and if anybody can relate, well then that's great too.

For most people then simple things related to social situations with particualrly the opposite sex and interaction just come naturally and it's stuff that they did years ago. So did I too, but ultimately most of my interaction and getting numbers and such was done in bars/clubs and when under the influence. It's funny but often I think that my drinking always gave me an activity to do and created entertainment, I can sometimes feel like people are quite boring! ha-ha. But I guess that's just life lived on a normal level.

It's a balancing act between trying to move forwards with certain people with the knowledge that they probably won't like you in that way or whatever but at the same time they might do so not wanting to not do anything for the fear of getting hurt.

I find that I have quite an obsessive mind when it comes to waiting on txts and stuff and in the past I juust drank over getting rejected or what i perceived rejected and just gave up bothering. I do have faith now that things willwork out in good time and that if they don't then they obviosuly ain't meant to be.

This is all new stuff as I have to do it all sober and feel the frustration and i think frustration was a big thing I used to get wrecked over.

Life on life's terms and I mustn't forrget that I have come a long way really and to stop comparing myself to others. I am myself and if people like me then great and if not then well at least I can say I tried.

Peace