View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I remember lying awake in the police cell after being marched out of a bar toilet in handcuffs by about 8 old bill and thinking to myself is it really worth it? Nobody wants to know you when you're down and out. No truer sentence spoken than that.

Those who say you're too young or whatever other else bullsh*t won't be there for you when you lose your driving license or when you land in hospital or when you are out on the street. For me I experinced first hand that profound realisation that it's very lonely when you're an alkie and addict hellbent on self-destruction. Nobody really wants to know, even the dealers can't be doing with you anymore.

F*ck what anybody else says, it's your funeral not theres. Are you an alcoholic? That's the crux of it for me. If so then you have to get and stay sober or else as Yeahgr8 says, brace yourself because things are going to continually go t*ts up until you lose everything.

It's amazing how those who dish out this advice like "you're too young" are the first to tell you how you should have just stopped at home when you're in the sh*t, with a sickley two-faced grin. Most people ain't alkies, I know that most of the f*ckheads who i used to know would ask me what the f*ck I was doing if I ever went back drinking again. Get and stay sober, it's the best thing to do unless you want to look back on your life with so much pain that another drink and drug is the only solution. Then you're really screwed.

All The Best