View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
UsedToBeAPearl

What is the definition of abuse?

I am wondering if anyone can give me a solid definition of abuse. I feel quite silly for asking me, but it seems this has just dawned on me.

My ABF still has not admitted to me that he's drinking again, although I have found him with a bottle every day this week. We are constantly fighting with his ever erratic mood swings. Lately, I won't fight back (choose your battles, right?) I just try to stay calm and quiet, pretty much just ignoring his rants.

When it's really bad, he'll throw things, break things (including a window, and our front door frame from slamming it so hard). The worst part about it is not just putting me down (by calling me lazy etc. because he washed the dishes this week), but it's the guilt trips. Saying I treat him so badly and that I hate him and all he ever does is buy me things and try to make me happy.

When he gets "short", he blames it on my attitude, but I know it's because he's been drinking.

He also gets very paranoid whenever I leave the house on my own. He'll text me, call me a dozen times and when he doesn't get a response, he calls my parents asking where I am.

It just seems like it's a neverending guilt trip on me and in his eyes he never does anything wrong. I hear everyday....."you treat me like sh*t".

Is this considered abuse?????

Thanks for your help andclarification