View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Hey Chicory,
Well, I'm glad that your mind has been eased. Will this be the best solution and will it work out for your son and for you? Time will tell.

Mr. HG's AS certainly has a few mental health issues that probably would improve with counseling. Jr. even told his dad to make an appointment with a counselor who specialized in addiction....he never kept the appointment. Mostly, Jr. was made to leave because:
* He brought a dealer into his father's house one day.
* He threatened to kill one of his brother's
* He threatened to kill his sister.
* He threatened to kill his father.
All of this because people stopped enabling him, stopped giving into his emotional blackmail, stopped giving him money and doing things for him.

The family did intervene and get him to go to the ER one summer when he had nearly killed himself drinking. He has been offered many, many opportunities to get help and backed out of each and every one of them....as recently as this year....and the intervention of sorts was held in 2008.

I hope and pray that your son will decide to take advantage of this opportunity. I also hope and pray that you will not be completely crushed if your expectations are not met.

Please take very extra good care of yourself.

Hugs, HG