View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Moo Moos

[QUOTE=deeCelt;2752178]Hi Moo Moos,

I think this is all RUBISH. I am here, because I want to eliminate alcohol from my life. I have declared war on MY consumption of alcohol. I am 1000% convinced that alcohol does absolutely nothing for me. I don't want it, I don't need it. I am going to live without it.

I make a resolution every night that I am NOT going to drink the next day no matter what. I reaffirm it in my mind when I go to sleep. When I wake up the next morning I reaffirm again, and again and again all trhu the day.

The only way I could slip today, is if I open my mouth and pour alcohol into it. Simple as that. As long as I have the resolve to live my life without the poison I will not let that happen.

I have seen very few post lately that inspire me. Every one in S~R seems to be very supportive, friendly and chatty and that is great for a social network. But I am here to stop drinking alcohol. I want to beat this disease NO MATTER WHAT and I just keep bumping into people who instead of committing to the same have nothing but a defeatist attitude. If only he, or if only she, or I may no be able to sleep, or it the dog, or if the sky.....

Hi DeeCelt, I felt I had to reply in some sense to your vent yesterday because it threw me a bit in such a way now I feel I have to watch what I write on these threads in case my post isnt 'inspirational' enough!! I have read your post a few times just to be correct which way I was reading it. I thought we were all looking for honesty.

I am 28 long days sober and when I came to my decision to stop drinking, I KNEW that I would not drink again. I also KNEW how powerful, clever, distructive, dangerous this disease is and how it would try and trick me at every corner. If it was that simple to just STOP drinking sure no one would ever fall off the wagon. I came to this site a well hidden but very broken mother/wife/sister and daughter and I rely on SR a great deal but to be honest there are days when it is not easy!! That does not make me 'defeatist'....just honest and a human living with a disease. I love waking up Sober, I love knowing that I am not hungover, I love that I can remember every part of a social occassion, I love that I am trying to be the best that I can be and I love my life BUT there are some days when it is difficult, when things get so hectic and stressed and that is when I come here, not to post but to read. I may not agree with all the posts but thats life.

I am not here to judge or be critical for anyone that fails to stay sober...we all know they carry enough guilt and embarrassment with them without me adding to there sorrys. I do not see this as a 'social' site...I am sure most of us have real lives and use this purely as support!! Anway guess it was my turn to vent...