View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
chicory

hi Lexie,
thanks for being here.

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I think it's kinda funny that he is so concerned about being "preached at" at the shelter. He doesn't mind mooching off YOU, regardless of your religious beliefs, does he?
yep- I see thru this one too. cant be that hard to say a prayer or listen to sermons. sounds like he just didnt wish to waste his time. think of it as payment for the help, you know?

J
ust be careful. The ranting and raving didn't get to you, so now he may be thinking that contrition and admission of a few problems might.
Yeah, I see this as very likely. dont worry, that wont work. they have aa meetings there, and other stuff.

Don't do it. If he wants to recover, he can do it at the shelter. BTW, I don't know who runs the shelter, but I hear the Salvation Army has an excellent recovery program. If you let him stay, he will continue to have one excuse after another, or he will make a halfhearted stab at it, and you will be right back where you are now.
There is no salvation army group here. wish there was. this is a locally funded place, donations and support of the local churches. it is called Serve City, Hamilton Ohio - their shelter is Chosen. i looked online,and it seems that they are a modest group 48 men and 12 women that they can house at a time. they built housing , so people can work, and get on their feet. the place helps them do a lot. if you look at it, maybe you will think differently, but i think it is better than the street.

he asked about them this morning. i take that as a positive.

hugs,
chicory