View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
MickInMd

Evening, everybody. 9:45 p.m. on a Saturday night and I am sober ;-) End of Day 6 for me, which I know isn't much, on the one hand, but on the other hand..... it's six days, and I just feel great about that. No wasted, blurry evenings, no misunderstandings or arguments with my wife (although, she has been out of town for the last week, but still..;-) .... extra money in my pocket, lots of things accomplished that would otherwise have been set aside indefinitely.

I've said this numerous times, but I have to keep saying it --- I'm so grateful to have found SR and this community. Thank you, thank you, thank you! All of your posts, whether heartwarming or heartbreaking, are helpful and instructional, and motivating!

Some of you have had setbacks, and I'm sorry to hear about that, but you haven't given up, and that's the main thing. Me, I am going to be 49 yrs. old in two weeks. 49 years old! A 49-yr. old man who drinks too much is not a pretty sight. At half my age I was twice the man, mainly because I didn't hardly drink at all. I never imagined that at this stage of my life I would be battling with alcohol addiction, but that's where I find myself. I guess I'm just trying to say that, while maybe I seem enthusiastic in my posts (I AM enthusiastic now!), I realize that I'm only on Day 6, and I've had many setbacks before --- I guess we all probably have. Anyway, I guess I just want to say to those who've had setbacks, never give up, never quit trying, and take the steps you need to take, whatever they might be, to get back on track and stay on course.

G'night, all. Have a pleasant and sober evening. I'll be back in the morning, to start my day off right ;-)

"Hard-won victories are the sweetest of all."
~ Lara McClellan