View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Really4Real
ANewBeginning

DeeCelt - Congrats for the 30 days! Wonderful stuff. I struggled a lot over the last 24 days. Some days were really ok - some I wouldn't have made it through if it wasn't for SR and a couple friends. The stoppiung drinking was the easier part - the learning to live without it was the hardest part to acclimate to - sometimes there are other circumstances that cloud the vision. But they can be gotten through.

TJP - I'm really sorry! That's exactly why I haven't put myself in any position to be around any parties or dinners or anything with alcohol involved yet and especially on a weekend! You're still in October!! I commend you for getting right back up -- that's so incredible to me. And totally not how I am - it would be weeks or months (no lie).
I'm still right beside you.

Ohhh, if it was easy, Dee - I would've done it the first time if it was easy. Nothing worth fighting for is ever easy, that's why it's called a fight. But I'm finding out it's sooooo worth it. There's a thankfulness that I have that I didn't before - everything was gloom and doom and negative - my life, my circumstances, my finances, my marriage. Guess who had to change.... guess who's glad they did?

Have a Happy, Safe and Sober Night!