View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SoTiredOfIt

Freedom1990 - I completely identify with what you go through

My AD called me yesterday to ask if an acquaintance of hers (who is a drunk by the way) could come to the ranch bird hunting. I told her no for two reasons, the first reason was that we lease out the bird hunting rights already and she's aware of that and that my bird hunters had just left the day before but would be back this weekend and that we currently have two friends from out of town staying with us who are deer/elk hunting at the moment; and secondly, I would prefer not to have people who drink like that hunting on my property with a loaded gun - that one is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned

So, she started accusing me of saying no just because it was her friend and saying that I just wanted her to look bad to her friends and then she proceeded to ask me why I was being "like that" and having a "wholier than thou" attitude.

I simply told her that I had the right to decide who came hunting on my place and that none of the things she said were true. Of course she apparently didn't hear any of that and kept on - I said nothing . Finally she said well whatever and said "bye, be like that", and hung up the phone. Haven't talked to her since.

When I was listening to her rant I was thinking to myself - wow, talk about selfish and self-centered, this young lady needs some humility big time...I can only hope that some day....lol.