View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
MickInMd

Morning, all. Beginning of Day 6 for me. I've been doing some cleaning up around the house this morning, and have come across so many receipts for wine and beer, and I'm just astounded at how much time (and money) I've wasted these last few years. On the other hand, it has just redoubled my resolve to stay away from alcohol.

tjp - sorry about your setback, but that's all it is, a setback. If I'm not mistaken, you are the one who started this thread, and since you did that, just look at the number of people who've joined and posted and supported and encouraged one another. It's a great thing that you started, so pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and forge ahead. We're all behind you.

Last night, home alone (wife and daughter are both out of town), I was kind of wondering what to do, and I decided that I needed to watch something funny, so I just got on-line and watched some funny shows. Wow, did I laugh! And it felt so good. Humor is a great mood elevator, and I myself am going to try to make point of watching more funny shows and reading more humorous articles, etc.

It's a beautiful, crisp autumn day here in the eastern U.S., and I'm going to make the best of it. Wishing you all a pleasant and sober day. I'll be back this evening, to keep myself in line...

“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson